Imlay City Veterinary Clinic is excited to announce we will be welcoming clients inside for appointments, as well as continuing curbside appointments.
As of May 14, the CDC has lifted its mask mandate for vaccinated people. For businesses like ours, this creates many challenges as there is no clear roadmap on how to handle “getting back to normal.” What we can tell you is that the team at Imlay City Veterinary Clinic is very excited to announce that our clinic is open to clients! We are thrilled to have face-to-face interaction with you again. Believe us when we say, we have missed you so much!
As we know with Covid, things are always changing, but starting June 28th:
- We will continue to have you call when you arrive to get you checked-in over the phone.
- Our Technicians will call you to escort you inside once a clean room is ready. 1 person per appointment will be allowed in at this time.
- Tech appointments, fecal or urine drop offs, and prescription pick-ups will remain curbside.
- If you prefer our curbside concierge service for your pet’s appointment, this will continue to remain an option. Please just communicate that to us when scheduling your appointment.
- For now, if you do enter the clinic, we will require you wear a mask.
- We plan to revisit our mask policy as new information becomes available.
We would like to proactively address the elephant in the room, which is our mask policy. There are several reasons we are keeping the mask requirement in place.
1. It is what our team feels the safest with at this time. We have small, enclosed spaces in our exam rooms with poor ventilation.
2. Our small staff is highly trained to provide the best possible care for your pet. Our priority is to keep our staff safe so they can continue to care for our patients. Even one sick employee significantly impacts our ability to do that. We have decided it is best for us to continue to require masks at this time. We will monitor and adjust our policy accordingly.
You all have been wonderful throughout this pandemic. We respectfully ask you to be mindful that our staff is mentally and emotionally exhausted from the last year and we would prefer to spend our energy positively on how happy we are to be seeing each of you again, as opposed to debating this policy. As we receive more information in the weeks to come, we will make appropriate adjustments. Our goal is a return to normal. We just need time to do this safely and comfortably and want to thank you in advance for your cooperation. We will continue to send new information out to you as our policies change so that you can remain informed. Once again, thank you so much for your continued support and understanding. We can’t wait to see you!
The Imlay City Veterinary Clinic Team